Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Rolling Stone Magazine's 25 Guilty Pleasures?

Rolling Stone Magazine's List of the 25 Undisputed Guilty Pleasure Bands:

1. Rush
2. E.L.O.
3. Journey
4. ABBA
5. Chicago
6. Boston
7. Foreigner
8. Bread
9. Bon Jovi
10. New Edition
11. The Monkees
12. Motley Crue
13. STYX
14. Eddie Money
15. Simply Red
16. Kelly Clarkson (ugh!)
17. America
18. Wham
19. REO Speedwagon
20. Poison
21. Lionel Richie
22. Kansas
23. Air Supply
24. Hall & Oates
25. Britney Spears (what the F!*#?....there is nothing even remotely pleasurable about this one)

This list from Rolling Stone got me thinking (once again) about the whole concept of a "Guilty Pleasure". I think Eric from Orangejello Lemonjello summed it up quite nicely a few months back (in reference to his recent Journey obsession):

“Many people might qualify something like this with tons of caveats about “guilty pleasures” -- not me. I don’t believe in guilty pleasures -- you either like something or you don’t. The concept of guilty pleasures comes up when you are somehow afraid or timid about admitting that something totally rocks you.


Amen Eric!

And in that spirit, I will proudly admit to owning albums from no less than 12 bands on that list. Rock on! 
  

2 Comments:

At 6/15/2007, Blogger tinyyellowteardrop said...

Kelly Clarkson! Bleaaaach!

 
At 7/06/2007, Blogger Suz said...

I couldn't agree more. I could easily have added my "what the @#?!.." disclaimer (from #25) to that one as well....along with several others on the list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home